20 ways to rejuvenate and regain mental focus
Sometimes we just need a little break from life and the crazy rollercoaster that it is. But within our hectic lives we often don’t find time for the small things and this can lead to a ton of stress and it’s just really not that healthy. You know what they say,
“Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive”
Here are twenty things to help you in relieving stress and generally live a happier healthier life.
- Make time to play like a little kid; run and jump, use your imagination and pretend
- Cook a fancy 5-course meal from scratch and serve it to a group of friends who were expecting a simple barbeque
- Keep a journal and re-read your entries a few times a year to reflect on your thoughts
- Help a random person anonymously; Pay the toll for a car behind you or help a stranger in need and walk away without a financial reward
- Sprint at full speed; Do something that makes you out-of-breath. Jogging is great, but a good sprint every once in a while reminds you that you are alive…
- Initiate a conversation with an interesting stranger, listen and learn about where they live, their history and what they do for a living
- Rent a beach house at least once; You don’t have to get a fancy beachfront home, just something simple that let’s you wake up to an ocean view everyday you are there. Swim in the ocean and under the waves
- Own at least one custom suit or dress that fits you perfectly
- Sing your favorite song at a packed karaoke bar
- Learn the basics of sailing, the ocean and how to tie knots.
- Call in “sick” to work and spend the day with your significant other or spouse dreaming about your future together
- Take a least one trip where you “wing-it”: i.e. fly to a city or town you have never been to before without a hotel room booked or a plan, just a little money in your pocket and an open mind….
- Own a convertible car at least once in your life
- Take at least a few vacations (consecutive days off from work) that 2 full weeks or longer.
- Go camping and truly “disconnect” from the world: Shut off your phone, do not bring your computer and sleep under the stars with some good friends for a few nights
- Catch and cook your dinner: Go fishing or hunting and catch, clean and cook your own meal. (Fishing works best for me. I am not much of a hunter, but I sure love fishing!)
- Take a beer brewing or wine-making class
- Spend the money to get a high-quality, full-body massage treatment. You body (and your mind) will love you for it.
- Do something that is a little bit scary for you. Take that 24-hour plane flight to Australia to swim with great white sharks that you always wanted to do, but were too scared.
- Do whatever it takes to develop good sleep habits. Sleep is so vital and the better you sleep, the better you live.